THE DIOCESE OF ORANGE – VATICAN CITY TRIP SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Sponsor: The sponsor of the Diocese of Orange Vatican City Trip Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is the Diocese of Orange (the “Sponsor”), with offices located at 13280 Chapman Ave, Garden Grove, CA 92840.
- Promotion Description: These official rules (the “Official Rules”) govern the Sweepstakes that are offered by Sponsor through the methods of entry as specified hereunder.
- 3. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is offered only to legal residents of Southern California who are at least twenty one (21) years of age as of the date of entry. All applicable federal, state, and local laws apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of “Sponsor”, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, an entrant’s residential address and e-mail address will be the physical address and e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Entrants will not be allowed to change their physical address or e-mail address.
- 4. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein, and you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules and by Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- 35. Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about May 1st, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. and ending September 9, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All online entries must be submitted before the expiration of the Sweepstakes Period.
- How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, an eligible entrant may enter the Sweepstakes in either of the two (2) following ways:
(i) You may purchase a subscription, or maintain an active subscription, to the “Orange County Catholic” magazine during the Sweepstakes Period.
(ii) As an ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY, you may visit the web site [https://occatholic.com/contest-rules/] (the “Website”) and complete the entry form with the information requested and follow the specified instructions. The entry must fulfill all sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor. NOTE: Entry by this method must be made by the entrant, only at the Website. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other web site or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited.
Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
- 57. Prizes: The Winner of the Sweepstakes will each receive airfare and hotel accommodations, selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion and paid for by Sponsor, for a Rome VIP Vatican Exploration. (Details listed below)
The approximate total retail value of such prize is approximately $5,000. The winner will have to pay for all other costs of the trip other than the specified airfare and hotel accommodations, including, without limitation, dining, beverages, long distance phone calls, gratuities, and incidentals.. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Limit: One prize per winner.
- 8. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- 9. Winner selection and notification: The winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes throughout the Sweepstakes Period under the supervision of the Sponsor on or about September 18, 2016. Winners will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Sweepstakes with (either via subscription or Website entry) within five (5) days following the selection of each applicable winner. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by a potential winner for any reason. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within fifteen (15) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected in their place.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- 10. Rights Granted by you: By entering into and participating in the Sweepstakes, you understand that Sponsor, and anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor, its respective licensees, successors and assigns, will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes, or otherwise in connection with the Sweepstakes, without any further compensation and hereby releases Sponsor from any liability with respect thereto.
- 11. General Rules: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to;: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from OC Catholic News. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
- General Liability Release/Force Majeure: Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Entrants agree that the Sponsor (a) shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages, or injuries of any kind (including death) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession, use, or misuse of any prize, and (b) have not made any warranty, representation, or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, regarding such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Entrants will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from and against all third party claims arising from or relating to entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s computer system which is occasioned by accessing Sweepstakes-related websites or participating in the Sweepstakes, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software, or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, postage-due, damaged, or stolen entries or prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible, or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone, cable transmissions or other communications; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties, or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Sweepstakes-related websites, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received (either in total or in a particular genre) or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prize(s) or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify (including, without limitation, removing a genre), suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated for Force Majeure before the designated expiration of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will (if possible) select winners from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with the law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- 14. Winners List: To obtain any legally required winners list (after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes) or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a self-addressed envelope (with proper postage) to: Diocese of Orange, 13280 Chapman Ave, Garden Grove, CA 92840. Please specify “winners list” or “Official Rules” and the name of the Sweepstakes in your request. Requests must be received no later than 12/31/2016.
- Affidavit/Further Documentation: Each winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility. Further, if Sponsor elects to secure Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where imposing such condition is legal) a Publicity Release or other documents as Sponsor may reasonably require in order to effectuate the purposes and intents of the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules, then each entrant, including each winner, agrees to sign the same upon Sponsor’s request.
. Governing Law/Entire Agreement: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES ISSHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. These Official Rules contain the entire understanding between the parties with respect to the Sweepstakes.
Rome VIP Vatican Exploration
Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica and Vatican Tour, Hotel Ponte Sisto 5-Night Stay with Airfare for 2
Suggested Retail Value: Priceless
This Experience Includes:
5-night stay in a superior double room at Hotel Ponte Sisto, Rome
Daily breakfast for 2
Vatican Museum tour of your choice
Round-trip coach class airfare for 2 from the 48 contiguous U.S. to Rome, Italy
Winspire booking & concierge service
Hotel Ponte Sisto, Rome
Enjoy a 5-night stay in a superior double room (one queen bed or two twin beds) including daily buffet breakfast for two, subject to availability. Guest rooms overlook either the charming courtyard or the garden of the historic Palazzo Spada. The 4-star Hotel Ponte Sisto is a gorgeously renovated palazzo and just steps from Trastevere and Campo de’ Fiori. Located in the heart of Rome on a quiet downtown street, you are within walking distance to the Piazza Navona, Campo de’ Fiori, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Via Giulia and the Trastevere district. A wonderful choice of trattorias awaits just across the Ponte Sisto in Trastevere.
The hotel’s ideal location provides endless opportunities to explore, from the Coliseum to the Fori Imperiali where you can visit the remains of the city’s ancient and glorious past, to romantic strolls along the Tevere or in the squares, surrounded by magnificent palazzos and adorned by splendid fountains.
Vatican Museum Tour
Enjoy the very best of the Vatican Museums, with a 3-4 hour tour that allows you to skip the lines and provides special access to give you a once-in-a-lifetime look at the most important art and architecture of Vatican City. Admire Michelangelo’s beautiful frescoes in the Sistine Chapel and marvel at his Pieta and the colossal Basilica dome, as your expert English-speaking tour guide provides fascinating commentary and answers your questions about the incredible masterpieces contained within this 9-mile collection.
This exclusive tour provider recently formed an official partnership with the Vatican Museum, providing a separate partner’s entrance and more access to the world’s finest art collection.
Tour options include:
Semi-Private Sistine Chapel, Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basiclica Tour – Enjoy a more personal and intimate Vatican experience with group size of 12 people or less. Visit the main highlights of the Vatican Museums, including the Sistine Chapel and Raphael Rooms, plus St. Peter’s Basilica. Early-morning access means you will enter the Museums before they open to the general public. From the Sistine Chapel you will be escorted through a special entrance to access St. Peter’s Basilica directly.
Extended Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums Tour with Bramante Staircase and St. Peter’s Basilica – Visit hidden areas usually closed to the public, the Vatican Art Gallery, the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica and St. Peter’s Square. Most exciting perhaps is the Vatican Pinacoteca, the official Vatican Painting Gallery. This vast wing houses countless masterpieces by Renaissance artists, including Raphael’s ‘Transfiguration’ and Leonardo da Vinci’s unfinished ‘St. Jerome in the Wilderness’– the only confirmed da Vinci work remaining in Rome. Step behind the red rope like a VIP and you will be one of the lucky few who get to see the Vatican’s magnificent Renaissance double-helix designed staircase.
VIP Early Breakfast inside the Vatican Museums with Sistine Chapel and St. Peters Basiclica – Enjoy breakfast in the tranquil Vatican Pinecone Courtyard, with beautiful views of the dome of St. Peter’s Basilica, for a truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Then enter the Vatican Museums before most of the staff, giving you a unique opportunity to enjoy the world’s smallest country in the peaceful hours usually reserved for the Pope. (April – October)
Tour options based on availability.
This package includes round-trip coach class service for two from any major destination in the 48 contiguous United States to Rome, Italy, subject to availability.
Airfare must be booked within one year from the date of purchase. Airfare taxes and a $25 per person processing fee are the responsibility of the purchaser. Blackout dates: Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s weeks.
Business and First Class upgrades are available at the time of booking for an additional fee. Use of frequent flyer miles for upgrades is dependent on specific ticket restrictions as determined by the airline’s frequent flyer program.
Winspire Booking & Concierge Service
Winspire provides a team of seasoned travel professionals who will help you redeem your experience. All travel related details and reservations are handled for every part of your Winspire experience. Operating as a full-service travel agency, Winspire can assist with extra hotel nights, airfare upgrades, and additional guests. This service also provides you with an established network of onsite contacts who can help you book additional experiences, activities and tours.
Must be booked a minimum of 60 days in advance. Reservations are subject to availability. Certificates cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed. Packages cannot be resold. Ground transportation is not included unless where specified.