The interior of Christ Cathedral has once again been transformed in appearance as construction continues. Nearly 60 construction crewmembers are working in the space each day. Here’s what’s going on now.
– Massive scaffolding has been erected on the east, west and south balconies
– Cleaning and painting of the space frame at the east balcony is now underway
– Structural demolition is 95 percent complete
– The worship-level floor strengthening is almost finished
– The undercroft plumbing lines and structural beam work is in process
Following all of this, the uni-struts will be attached to the framing and the quatrefoils installed. Next up will be the installation of the lighting, sound equipment, fire sprinklers and mechanical equipment. The scaffolding will be in place into early next year.